I joined two challenges one is 8 weeks and one is 6.
They are both awesome for different reasons!
I’m doing Dacia’s Mother’s Day Healthy Living Challenge with Dacia’s blog My Roots to Grow and a Facebook support group. Dacia is a friend of mine that attends the annual Fitbloggin’ conference! Man, I’m so pumped for this year and being part of this challenge makes me even more excited!
I also joined a “Spring Body Transformation Challenge” with my local Fit Body Boot Camp in St Louis Park, MN. This challenge is monetarily driven….if I don’t succeed at my goals, then the check I wrote at the beginning of the challenge will be cashed. We also have a Facebook support group, motivational emails and personal texts/calls/assessments with the trainers.
Why I like both of these challenges:
#1 We created our OWN realistic challenges for Fit Body Bootcamp they are for the whole 6 weeks, for Dacia’s challenge they are weekly
#2 We have weekly check ins, daily encouraging posts or emails, and an online and/or in person support group made up of the leaders and the participants in the challege
#3 We determine whether or not we feel we’ve succeeded in our challenges…do we feel like we pushed ourselves, do we feel like we learned something or earned something mentally or physically…..then we succeeded and that’s what these challenges want!
#4 These are make yourself feel good using positive methods challenges!!!!
Dacia’s challenge – week 4:
- I have improved my pacing when I’m eating, thus my mindfulness and hearing my full signals
- I have set the goal of 8,000 steps a day, and while I haven’t accomplished that everyday I have made a drastic improvement in my daily steps…it used to be around 3,000 now its around 5,000 on the days that I don’t make it to 8,000. I also do make up days where I get to 9,000 or 10,000 steps, so overall very good for me!
- I have improved with eating a fruit or vegetable with every meal
- I now make sure and eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to get my metabolism moving
Fit Body Boot Camp – Spring Body Transformation Challenge – Day 15
- I regularly attend boot camp 3x a week and I’m on schedule to get there 4x a week starting next week!
- I have lost 6.75″ off my body in the first 15 days of the challenge and I’ve lost 3 lbs (others have lost more, but this is the pace that is good for me, and that is OK for this challenge, I’m hitting MY goals)
- I have learned that putting in that bit of extra effort….getting my butt to the gym, my feet moving a few more steps and being honest and diligent with a food journal will help me succeed in getting fit and healthy!
This is why group challenges and goals that are realistic yet challenging are GOOD for you!
What have you challenged yourself to do?
Are you in a group challenge?
Have you been in one in the past, what did you like or not like about it?
Tell me! 🙂