Priorfatgirl Dawn is having a McCormick Recipe Refresh Contest through November 2nd! This is my blog post for the recipe I refreshed with McCormick spices!
As most of you know I’m using the Slimgenics program to lose weight and so far I’ve kept 38 lbs off, but I have more to go!
There are some limitations on Slimgenics, so I can’t have what you’d call a more traditional pot roast recipe…carrots and white or yellow onions are a no-no to those of us in the weight loss plan.
I *love* the new McCormick Perfect Pinch salt-free seasonings that have been showing up recently, I got to try quite a few at Fitbloggin ’12 as well.
I refreshed a salty, old-fashioned pot roast recipe to make it McCormick & Slimgenics worthy!
Crockpot Pot Roast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours OR 8 hours
- Small Roast (3-5 lbs)
- McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb Salt Free Seasoning
- Morton’s Light Salt (OR regular salt)*
- Olive Oil
- 4-5 green onions
- 4-5 stalks of celery
- 4-5 red potatoes
- Slimgenics Chicken Bullion Soup Mix Prepared (OR 18 1/2 ounces of chicken broth)*
*using regular salt/standard chicken broth is also VERY TASTY, but is not Slimgenics approved
- Rub Olive oil all over the roast, enough for a light coating
- Sprinkle a generous amount of McCormick’s Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb Salt Free Seasoning on all sides of the roast
- Sprinkle salt on all sides as well
- Place roast in your crock pot
- Chop up green onions, celery and potatoes, then place around the roast
- Add in chicken broth
- Set on high for 4 hours, check after 3 if you want medium rare, otherwise after 4 hours you should get medium well
- Set on low for 8 hours, if you can check after 6 hours you could stop for medium rare, othewise after 8 hours it’ll be medium to medium well.
( These are NOT USDA recommendation numbers, these are the chef recommended temps for doneness)
- 130 degrees – medium rare to medium
- 145 degrees – medium
- 160 degrees – medium well
- 170+ degrees – well done